With thousands of items to choose from, picking the perfect promotional product to use as a giveaway can be overwhelming. Often, the first item we choose is something inexpensive. However, there are many factors that are part of the process.
To get you started, here are five questions to ask before purchasing customized giveaways.
- Who is your target market? Understanding your audience will help you find the right item to give away. Consider factors like age, gender, occupation, hobbies/interests, income and other characteristics to define your audience. Neon T-Shirts might be really popular with teenagers while older adults may prefer neutral or standard colors.
- How many people will be receiving a giveaway? Are you entertaining a dozen potential donors or interacting with thousands of new professional connections? Knowing how many people you will need to provide a giveaway for will help narrow your search.
- Where will you be giving out these logoed freebies? Giveaways on parade routes and tradeshows look much different than those at client meetings and awards banquets. Pens, candies and T-Shirts make great giveaways in certain venues, while padfolios, plaques and polos are appropriate for other venues.
- What is your budget? While price shouldn’t be the only focus in product selection, it is important to know how much you’re able to spend on giveaways. This will narrow your options based on price points. Choose great freebies for just pennies each, or opt to pay more for exclusive items.
- How will the giveaway serve as a brand reminder? Promotional products are proven effective when it comes to spreading your marketing message. But when considering an item, think about how it will remind people of your brand. Will they be able to use it daily? Does it have high perceived value? Does it fit all of your contact information? Decide what message is most important for your campaign.
In general, any logoed item you give away should be useful to the recipient. According to the 2013 Global Advertising Specialties Impressions Study, 77% of recipients said they kept a promotional product primarily because it was useful. Ask yourself the above five questions to put your company on track to finding the perfect giveaway for your next marketing campaign or brand initiative.
Let Staples Promotional Products assist you in narrowing down your product selection. We offer a variety of items that fit your advertising needs and we promise to deliver on time, on target and on budget.
Back to Ideas & Resources